“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bet you didn't know I was still alive...

Hello friends and family! I am glad to have you here as I have a couple of important announcements!

First things first:

Last Sunday was Easter and I was so glad to spend it in SoJo with my wonderful family, and of course we missed those of you who couldn't make it! As the kids were playing in another room and the adults were chatting in grandma's living room, I sat in the corner and took a good look at my family. At that moment, I was grateful to have the knowledge of the gospel truths -- truths which are eternal realities. What greater evidence of Christ's love do we have than the Atonement and Resurrection which together make it possible for all of us to be with our families forever? There is no group of people I'd rather spend eternity with -- I love you guys!

Thinking about this experience for the past couple of days, on top of other similar experiences from recent weeks, has made me realize something:


I am so blessed!


This realization has made a big difference for me. Overall, it has made me a happier and more cheerful person, more eager to find the good in every situation. I think my close friends have noticed this, as I am noticing more frequent requests for advice. And, not to toot my own horn (ha ha that expression is funny), but I am good at it! I understand people and try to help solve their problems.

It hit me last night that I should do something about this. Life is all about acting to help positively influence the things we actually can control. So what can I control? My influence on others. The quality of my example.

I am so ecstatic that I feel like shouting it from the rooftops! Then I think about it, and that wouldn't really be effective.

So, I've decided to write a book instead.

*pause for effect*


*unpause*


I know I am not the most talented writer. I feel strongly that I should pursue this project, though, and write a book about how to not fail at being a teenager.

More on this to come. I shall be updating my blog with thoughts aaaannnnddd....

Another announcement:

I am training for a half marathon this fall! I'll also be blogging about that... Please keep me accountable! I WANT TO BE A (good-looking) BEAST!


- Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!