“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Friday, March 19, 2010

Deal Breakers

Yesterday I signed up (for free) on this website called Cappex.com. It's got information about colleges, scholarships, and links to all manner of applications.
You go in and set up your profile (SAT & ACT scores, AP classes, what grade you are in, majors, and stuff like that) and colleges look over that and see if they like it.
If they do, they send you a message on Cappex about the college and you can share your contact information with them.
I didn't quite realize that this would happen so soon for me, but today I got 2 different messages from colleges. They were both totally unknown to me, so I looked up the first college on Trusty Dusty Wikipedia.
It didn't really give me any useful information... except this: it had a list of Notable Alumni.

I looked at the list, mainly for Nancy Pelosi's name. If she had been to the school, even briefly, I knew that that would be a deal breaker for me.

Sadly enough, it wasn't there. However...

Among the list were:
a gold medalist from the 1948 Olympics
a climate change (freak.. oh whoops, I mean...) activist
an ex- governor of Alaska

and... "Ted Bundy (non-degreed alum), serial killer" {that is actually what it says}

Woo Hoo!
That college is FOR ME!

{I will admit, I looked at the message from the college and saw the tuition. 45 thousand smackers. Another deal- breaker.}

Oh, just in case you were wondering.... The other college was in essence a training facility for people who want to grow up to be CIA or FBI agents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!