“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Patience is a Virtue

Today as I was minding my very own business and going through a tough part in this song that I have to learn.... Josh interrupted me ever- so- sweetly (not!) and asked/ demanded that I go practice in the music room because my piano music was causing him to make mistakes.

Come again?

If you have ever been to my house, you will know that in the music room there is an ancient piano that sounds as if it hasn't been tuned for about a century. Me practicing on that piano is the equivalent of him practicing on a violin that was severely out of tune, and also the size of a violin you might hang on the rear- view mirror. In your car.

I considered telling him that he should go and practice on Grace’s violin in the music room or maybe he should stop practicing altogether during the day when I am trying to do school stuff and that he and his mechanical practicing methods are the cause for my chronic headaches during the day.

But, purely out of the goodness of my heart, I hesitated and merely replied that I wasn't the reason that he was messing up. And also that I was unable to push the better piano clear into the other room.

Needless to say, Josh went into the study to practice.

I don't mean to be rude, but I was practicing dang it! He and his "carry- able" fiddle can more easily walk into a different room.

If I played the harmonica, it would be a different story. How much do pianos weigh, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!