“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow... Or Never

Yesterday, the sun didn't come out. Even though, in a semi- sort of way, it was a tomorrow. Because I had Drivers Ed, I was -to say the least- not very excited about driving in rain/ sleet/ snow/hail.
I momentarily thought about feigning the cut on my finger as a major or maybe fatal injury. About a half a second later, I knew that would be a total lame excuse.

So... long story short I went anyway and it was just fine.

Okay, but listen to this. Or read it. I wasn't going to blog about this, but it is too funny.
I automatically get in the back of the car so that my buddy-partner-pal can drive first.
So he was driving and we got to a turn and my teacher starts walking him through it.

"Turn right at this intersection.''
We get there.
"Now brake a little on your approach, and again when you are turning."
He does it perfectly, most of the time. I won't discuss how much this angers me.
But then! Then....
"You forgot your blinker. Make sure you use your blinker on the next turn."

I smile softly to myself.
He made a mistake.
And I was the Self- Proclaimed Master of the Blinker.

I also parallel- parked behind a lady who did it so awfully that you could totally tell she did not have a Drivers Ed instructor with her.

I also went to Arby's because I was famished and their food is beyond delicious. And the dumb people made fun of me.
I gave them my money and they laughed at me.
There are 2 life lessons to be learned in this:
Never give someone your money after they laugh at you.
Never laugh at someone after they give you money or pay your sad salary. They could chuck their medium root beer right back in your face. (Not that I did that, I'm just saying...)

Anyways, they kept laughing at me. It upset me.

Let's play a round of Who Should Be Pitied?

Someone in a Drivers Ed car? (Everyone has to take Drivers Ed. Unless you are Superman. Then you are just a moving violation.)

Someone who works at Arby's? (Not everyone has to work at Arby's. It's a choice.)

Since the government forces me and everyone else to take Drivers Ed, and those people chose of their own free will to work at Arby's and working at Arby's is nerdy (because it is in the fast food category)...


Then I think that they should shut their mouths. And pity themselves. Because I will never work at Arby's. And they do.

But I did not laugh at them, because I am a good person (and they still had my food, meaning they still could spit in it). I, clearly, have more reason to laugh at them than they have to laugh at me, but I did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!