“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back Aches and Brains That Actually Work Today

Today has been a good day. I just took a test for my (college) speech class and got an 86%!!!! It's still a B, but it is the best score I have ever gotten in her awful class, so it's pretty good. I also aced the written portion of one of my Chinese tests, also very impressive. This is all great until I start thinking about finals, which I won't. Today, I also finished a resume for a very stupid/boring/useless class, which means I won't have to waste my time on it anymore.
I just got back from ice skating, and I had a total blast! Although I look hideous (see previous post), we made up an obviously-embellished story to explain my beastly not-so-attractiveness. I fell down only when my date came near me (make of that what you will), and I'm thinking I'm going to be VERY sore tomorrow. In fact, it's already setting in. Yeeee-ouch. On a brighter note, I can skate very well. I remember when I was younger watching the Winter Olympics in SLC and wishing I could figure skate. So, I recreated it with my gargantuan Barbie roller skates and tried to be graceful....
Epic failure of immense proportions.
Ohhhhh, that's a quaint memory from my childhood... *pauses for effect*
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are journaling....this is good, this is very good. I wonder where you get your whit and uncanny sense of humor....?

    ReplyDelete

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!