“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Am I... Weird?

Dear Blog-
I'm sorry I have neglected you. Life has become so busy, and even in the summer when it wasn't... anyways. But now I am back, and I'm already lulled by the sound of the soft typing of my ugly hands on the keyboard.

I used to complain and feel sorry for myself because my life was "too simple". Maybe I didn't feel as if enough people cared about me; maybe I didn't feel as if I "did" enough things on the weekend (life back then wasn't filled with homework). But then I read something that truly changed my life. "I am too blessed to be unhappy." There is wisdom in those words. For many months now I have honestly been searching for the good in life- because we truly see what we are looking for.

I find that now I have nothing really worth saying, but since this is a journal, I have to fill it with silly nothings.
Today, I took a break from homework for a while to watch Eclipse (n. one of the most pathetic movies in the world). I know, I know... Crazy. Anyways, my brain turned into mashed potatoes, I am quite sure of it.
Last weekend I found out that I got accepted to the State Space and Aerospace Scholars. It's a special honors class, and could quite possibly be the most nerdy thing that I've ever even thought about doing. But it's a good opportunity, and will look great on my transcript.
Christmas break is coming! I'm so excited about it! I found out that- instead of only 1 week- it is 2 WHOLE WEEKS LONG and I am almost to the point where I am speechless about it. Almost.
... When I think about Christmas break, I think about what happens after it. And that plaguing, horrible nightmare would be called Finals Week. Tests are absolutely the bane of my existence- especially when they count as 20% of your grade and 100% of what the heck colleges will think of you in a few years.
On that happy note, I must bid you adieu... (I spelled that right my first time.) But I will be back, because I need the therapy that journal-writing brings.
Sincerely,
Randomness Squared

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!