“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

Well... winter break is winding to a close and I have done -almost- absolutely nothing that I was supposed to. Tomorrow is going to be a Saturday full of procrastinated homework and an hourly cursing of my foolishness. Right now, I am inexplicably sick with a heinous cold (I have been sick 3 separate times this break). We just got back from visiting the fam out of town and, what can I say? You guys are the greatest. I am truly blessed with such an amazing family. To those who weren't there for Christmas: I am out to get you, and I don't care how I do it (nightmares, for instance, are very likely). But in all seriousness, this year I have determined to fully appreciate the blessings that I have been given, and ignore (almost completely) the things that I do not have.

So, now, who is up for a little New Years Resolution sharing? I'LL GO FIRST! :D
-learn and memorize Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C-Sharp Minor
-eat chocolate only twice a month
-exercise every. day.
-get straight "A"s
-meditate for 30 minutes every day (I am convinced this is necessary to my maintain- or regain- my sanity)
-be patient- with everyone, including myself
-look for the silver lining in every situation
-be content with what I have

Okay. I give up already. Just kidding! That would be bad. But I will try to remember and live my goals- even if I have to do it one little baby step at a time.

Happy New Years to my dear family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Manda,
    Sorry you are sick, why is it that everyone had to get sick while we were there?? Hope you get better quick- use lots of saline- I gave away all my extra bottles to the fam- even Jessie was getting sick when we left;(
    We were sure glad you guys came down- too bad we don't live next door, it would be so fun!
    Have a wonderful New Year and good luck with all your school stuff and have lots of fun with your new computer!!

    ReplyDelete

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!