“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Sunday, January 2, 2011

What to do? What to do?

My sickness seems to be waning. I'm finding that 24/7 access to a laptop increases the odds that I blog during the day. I think that this year I will try to blog/journal once every day. And it can't be all "sunshine, lollipops and rainbows", either. Because, though we all will admit that that is what we would like to find in life, most people will also admit that life is not solely comprised of happy moments. So now, to be brutally honest...
I'm scared. There are many things I'm afraid of. I'm afraid of the dark. Afraid of being alone for too often. Afraid of being left to my thoughts, because I fear I'll go mad. Mostly, I'm afraid of the future. Afraid because now I am closer to being 17 than I am to 16. Afraid because my Junior year of high school is just about half-over and there's no way to get time back. So what do you do when you can't stop time from moving recklessly ahead, or when you can't stop the clock ticking? I'm only a teenager, but will the rest of my life pass as quickly as the last year has?
I'm scared of the future, mostly because I don't know what it will hold.
Even though I am afraid, I am strong. Strong enough to handle trials by myself. Strong enough to take finals and face my grades. I am strong enough to be independent....
But then I remember: I remember that I have my Savior, who I know is watching me & who can make a lot more of my life than I ever could make for myself.
And now I understand why trials are good for us. Because if I'd never been scared or afraid of what's to come, if I'd never been lonely or confused, I'd never realize that I need Him.

1 comment:

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!