“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.” -Dale Carnegie

Sunday, January 23, 2011

New semester tomorrow. I'm really nervous about how it's going to go. I've got two college classes, one foreign language, one science honors, one regular science (Chemistry.... gag me with a pitchfork), and my only easy class is English. I was excited until I looked them over.... yikes I am in for it this semester!
I guess you guys, by now, will realize that I'm always posting about school and never (usually) about anything fun. I have no social life, but I'm okay with that. I know that I push people away because I'm not blonde, silly, and changeable. I don't care about what others think and don't spend hours in front of the mirror each morning- I don't care about frivolous little things (except knee-high socks, I really love those). I have my own unique sense of humor, one that involves teasing people kindly, but somewhat mercilessly. I know that I push people away because I'm not like everyone else... Is this the sort of thing that ends in high school or am I forever doomed? Eeeek!
But you know what? I'm okay with the way things are. Because it is better to be by yourself and content than to have multitudes of friends with whom your relationship is an emotional roller-coaster.

I'm better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IN HECK ARE YOU DOING?!